fast compile - slow run

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sun Oct 13 22:27:08 PDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:33:21PM +1000, The Mal wrote:
> I tared the lot and then transferred it over using a stupid
> distribution.  Then untarred it, chrooted liloed  and it worked.  What
> I want to be able to do is mount it over the network or something as I
> set it up.

Some have had success putting it on an ftp and using Tom's root-boot
floppy to boot and wget it, then chroot, etc. Tom's might also handle
NFS, but I'm not positive. Either way, Tom's boot disk is worth checking
out: http://www.toms.net/rb

HTH! :)

--
Archaic

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org