lfs4 on an oldtimer

Florian Hess (FLoH) hipabos at web.de
Mon Oct 14 06:17:56 PDT 2002

Hi LFS-ers,

Just before installing an 'adult' linux distribution I was (and still
am) eager to install a linux from scratch. Now I've installed a Debian
distribution and thus gained some practical experience (puuh ;-).
A week ago I've got a pretty old PC with p150 prozessor and 16m RAM,
swap space 320m. How much patience do you recommend to me building a
LFS system on it? For instance, how much hours will the glibc's
compilation (or the kernel's, gcc's, binutils'?) roughly take? Would
you recommend to cross-compile from a p200/32m (swap ca. 80m) machine?

Thanks, FLoH.

--
Although I attend an advanced English course at grammar school, I feel
a bit unsure writing English. If there are any mistakes -> let me know

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org