lfs4 on an oldtimer

Florian Hess (FLoH) hipabos at web.de
Mon Oct 14 10:04:11 PDT 2002

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful replies. Now I know that I can't get it in
a time of a second ;). But I'm afraid my electronic darling won't get
through this heavy task since I learned that the interior temperature
(pc, not room) increases proportionally to cpu's burdening. Just
imagining to work a couple of hours by 50°C or so let run sweat down
my forehead. But since there are old brave 486sx doing this...

Two other questions:

1. Are the compile warnings or errors a result of a pre-compiling
validation, or do they come from the compiler itself? I mean, is it
possible every now and then, that an error makes the compiling
progress stop (think of the famous 99%-error)?

2. Where are the LFS-commands gone? Can I use the 3.3-commands instead?

FLoH.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org