lfs4 on an oldtimer

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 14 11:02:17 PDT 2002

On Mon, 14, Oct, 2002 at 07:27:55PM +0200, Justin Knierim spoke thus..
> >2. Where are the LFS-commands gone? Can I use the 3.3-commands instead?
>
> I do not know if anyone has made them yet.  I believe that the
> 3.3 and others were cut and paste'd, or type in.  So until some
> Brave soul goes to type them up, no commands.

Yeah, we stopped producing them due to the effort it takes.

I believe Timothy came up with a script which he posted to the lfs-book
mailing list recently which extracts the commands from the XML so you
might want to look into that.

Alternatively (and this is the course I'd suggest), grab nALFS, a 4.0
profile and set it going.

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org