Celebrating 2 years without M$-Windows!!! (@ home :-P)

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Tue Oct 15 07:51:36 PDT 2002

Elegant Innovations' business model is based on pure Open Source.

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 06:25, Björn Lindberg wrote:
> my HD crashed (it was an IBM Desktop)
> replacement IBM HD has crashed as well

This is the first I have heard of quality issues with IBM drives.  I
don't use them for $$$ reasons.  I have lost a lot of hard drives but I
have yet to lose a Maxtor.

This says two things.  Maxtors are good drives and/or I am finally
learning how not to kill hard drives.

That last statement has more behind it then may meet the eye.  Not
mounting it securely, mounting it on its side, changing its orientation
after it has been in service, etc.  All these things can shorten a
drives life.

There is an old adage, "Take care of your tools/equipment and they will
take care of you".

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,