lfs4 on an oldtimer

Jim Mischel jim at mischel.com
Tue Oct 15 08:37:04 PDT 2002

"Archaic" <archaic at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:20021014155218.GC118 at comcast.net...
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:34:32AM -0500, Jim Mischel wrote:
> > I compiled LFS on my P200 with 64 MB of RAM, 200 MB swap.  glibc and gcc
> > each took a little over 3 hours to compile.
>
> HA! Got ya beat! 486sx/33 with 8MB RAM. Glibc took 27 hours.

I have an old 486sx/66 here with 16 MB of RAM that I used for my first Linux
experiments (SuSE 6.x minimal install) a few years ago.  I actually
considered using that as my first LFS experiment, but opted instead to
scavange the CD and diskette drives to use in my P200.

Hmmm...I do have a 386/20 in a tower case sitting in the closet.  I wonder .
. .

No, I have other things to do with my time.

Jim

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org