Celebrating 2 years without M$-Windows!!! (@ home :-P)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Tue Oct 15 13:27:54 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:13:50PM -0400, Joe Morris wrote:
> I've been using Linux for about 2 years now. The ONLY reason I reboot
> into Win98 is for games (needless to say, my next game purchase will be
> Return to Castle Wolfenstein). When people stop by my dorm and read my
> anit-MS/pro-open source propaganda posted on the door, I get laughed at
> frequently. But I don't care, because I've seen the light and am no
> longer bound by MS :) Sure, the University offers us Win XP, Office,
> Visual Studio, etc for only $5 each, but I will do my very best to NEVER
> upgrade any of my MS software, for just the thought of it churns my
> stomach.

If you don't intend to use Linux for your games, at least get Win2k over
98 then. It's much better and faster (better drivers and a lot more). Of
course, it would be a lot more fun to figure out how to do it in Linux.

--
Archaic

--
The people cannot delegate to government the power to do anything which
would be unlawful for them to do themselves.

- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org