LFS IRC.

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 15:11:04 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17, Oct, 2002 at 10:33:28PM +0100, Ian Molton spoke thus..
> Just a quick note...
>
> The LFS IRC community (from my samplig at 22:00ish, thursday) appears to
> really suck.
>
> I'd hoped that it'd be a place for getting help / sharing experience in
> getting LFS working.
>
> To those thinking this, dont bother. It smells as badly of elitist goons
> as all the other Linux chat channels I'd had experience of.
>
> <sigh>

Actually that isn't usually the case at all.  I actually gave a three
line answer to your question about 2 seconds after you left.

The #lfs channel is usually fairly friendly especially if the ops are
watching but we can't be there all the time.  Also, don't forget that
there are a range of people on IRC at different times, those who help
and some who are just there to chat.

BTW - What I said in response to your query was:

14:31 <@markh> spyro: I'll give you a hint.  Start by looking for a
thread entitled "Fun with glibc-2.3" on the lfs-dev archives.  It
started on Sep 22.  From there, there have been several threads about it.

Hope that helps - I can't be any more help personally as I haven't
played with glibc-2.3.X yet

Mark

"I'm so gorgeous, there's a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly
 appear, every time I am near!"
     Cat, Red Dwarf Series VIII - Back in the Red
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org