LFS IRC.

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 15:49:24 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 11:41:07PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> I don't think IRC is much different from newsgroups & mailing lists.
> Sometimes you just find people respond unhelpfully.   Some people just seem
> to act arrogant or argumentative for the sake of it.   No point bothering
> about it - just get on with things and let them live how they want to.

I just read my own log (Ian, yours seems a little edited...) and
honestly I think you took things a little too much at face value.

I know saying that when someone is insulting you seems odd, but a little
playing around on #LFS is normal for most of the ppl there.  Considering
it looks like they were playing word games with each other for fun, i'm not
surprised what Pinski said.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong or
anything, just not surprised.

Though I do have to admin he was right about the fact that the glibc
2.3.x/nss issues have been covered multiple times on the mailing list in
the last few weeks.

Anyways, id just follow Antony's advice.  I can understand if you don't
want to return, but you don't have to paint this any worse then it was..

*shrugs*

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org