LFS IRC.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Oct 17 15:51:56 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:11:20 +0000 (UTC)
markh at linuxfromscratch.org (Mark Hymers) wrote:

> > To those thinking this, dont bother. It smells as badly of elitist
> > goons as all the other Linux chat channels I'd had experience of.
> >
> > <sigh>
>
> Actually that isn't usually the case at all.  I actually gave a three
> line answer to your question about 2 seconds after you left.

Well, to clarify the above, it only takes a couple of people to make the
channel stink.

Thanks for reposting your answer here, btw.

> Also, don't forget that
> there are a range of people on IRC at different times, those who help
> and some who are just there to chat.

Mr Pinski appeared to be of the opinion that it was NOT ok to ask
questions.

Basically I got treated (by him) as if I was a n00b, which I find
amusing as Im shortly to be committing an entire *architecture* to the
linux kernel source...

I dont like being looked down at for asking a question, esp. when there
are no signs saying 'No questions allowed' up.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org