LFS IRC.

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 15:57:28 PDT 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 11:51 pm, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:11:20 +0000 (UTC)
>
> markh at linuxfromscratch.org (Mark Hymers) wrote:
> > > To those thinking this, dont bother. It smells as badly of elitist
> > > goons as all the other Linux chat channels I'd had experience of.
> > >
> > > <sigh>
> >
> > Actually that isn't usually the case at all.  I actually gave a three
> > line answer to your question about 2 seconds after you left.
>
> Well, to clarify the above, it only takes a couple of people to make the
> channel stink.

Yeah, but you don't have to pay attention and give them the rise they're
looking for.

> > Also, don't forget that
> > there are a range of people on IRC at different times, those who help
> > and some who are just there to chat.
>
> Mr Pinski appeared to be of the opinion that it was NOT ok to ask
> questions.
>
> Basically I got treated (by him) as if I was a n00b, which I find
> amusing as Im shortly to be committing an entire *architecture* to the
> linux kernel source...

So ignore him.   If you know you're better than he is, you've nothing to gain
by responding at his level.   Just deal with the people who are prepared to
be reasonable.

Antony.

--

Software development can be quick, high-quality, or low-cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org