LFS IRC.

Billy O'Connor billyoc at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 17:27:51 PDT 2002

Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:07:02 +0000 (UTC)
> rovitotv at stargt.com ("Todd V. Rovito") wrote:
>
> > Thus spake Ian Molton (spyro at f2s.com):
> > > Just a quick note...
> > >
> > > The LFS IRC community (from my samplig at 22:00ish, thursday)
> > > appears to really suck.

[snip]

> If any LFS IRCers there dont feel as he does, well, you know who you
> are, you need not take offense.

I do take offense.
First of all, before any of what you pasted from the #LFS irc channel
transpired, this little exchange took place:

<billyoc> spyro: fbbg
<spyro> fbbg?
<Tux> [fbbg]: Follow Book, Book Good.

I notice you failed to include that.  We add these little factoids to
the irc bot, Tux, so new(usually) users can be reminded of certain
things with a minimum of effort by the #LFS regulars.  You came to
#LFS asking about an installation of glibc-2.3.x, which is not in the
LFS book, and that upsets a lot of the regulars, myself included.  The
reason it upsets some people is that we try to help people, some of
whom have never compiled a source file in their lives, install and
configure LFS.

The channel topic says it better than I could,
"Current version: 4.0".

LFS 4.0 does not include glibc-2.3.x.
You were reminded of this *immediately* upon your arrival.
You stayed.
You got flamed.

The same people who flamed you help 30 other people install LFS
today.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org