LFS IRC.

S. Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Thu Oct 17 19:03:25 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 08:27, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> First of all, before any of what you pasted from the #LFS irc channel
> transpired, this little exchange took place:
>
> <billyoc> spyro: fbbg
> <spyro> fbbg?
> <Tux> [fbbg]: Follow Book, Book Good.

Billy, does this look like a helpful comment to you?

He asked a question and you gave him a flippant response.  Going by what
YOU wrote, I'd say that is rude.  That may be a normal level of rudeness
for the channel, but that just proves Ian's point.

Ed Pinski's response (as I saw it) was even less helpful and more
directly offensive.  He was very obviously being rude.

Ian made things a lot worse by flaming back, but my outside view of this
is that basically he's right.  For whatever reason, rightly or wrongly,
you were being rude.

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting