LFS IRC.

Billy O'Connor billyoc at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 20:42:10 PDT 2002

steveb at creek-and-cowley.com ("S. Bougerolle") writes:

> On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 08:27, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> > First of all, before any of what you pasted from the #LFS irc channel
> > transpired, this little exchange took place:
> >
> > <billyoc> spyro: fbbg
> > <spyro> fbbg?
> > <Tux> [fbbg]: Follow Book, Book Good.
>
> Billy, does this look like a helpful comment to you?

Yes, it does, it's one of the more useful ones we have.  It lets
someone know in no uncertain terms they will have to do what we do if
they want to have what we have.  The above exchange usually precedes
the #LFS visitor stating that they *didn't* follow the book exactly,
which may or may not work, as you know.

> He asked a question and you gave him a flippant response.  Going by what
> YOU wrote, I'd say that is rude.  That may be a normal level of rudeness
> for the channel, but that just proves Ian's point.

Well, I've read many things you've written here on the mailing lists,
Steve, and I value your opinion.  But not as much as I value my time
spent in #LFS answering questions.  Frankly, I hear "Thank You" a lot
more than "You're rude", so unless the irc channel operators instruct
me otherwise, I won't be treating anyone any differently than I do
now.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org