LFS IRC.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Oct 18 03:33:42 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:27:09 -0400
Scot Mc Pherson <scot at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Basically give irc another chance, new comers are often put off
> by people's "familiarity", that's really what it is.

If Mr Pinskis attitude was familiarity, Im not going near the place
again, sorry.

> Its not hostility at
> first, but yes I will agree that it can become hostile, but it never
> starts that way.

World wars start from a state of relative peace...

> Please try again, and look into other channels.

I've pretty much given up on ever finding a Linux channel which has a
nice atmosphere.

IRC has gone downhill rapidly in the last 10 years or so that I've used
it. Its the land of the tinpot dictator.

> #LFS is
> considered the help place, but really only if you are following the
> book to the letter.

Which wasnt mentioned anywhere.

> Any divergence from teh book suggests you have
> more than the average newcomer's knowledge about linux,

Well, I *do* hack the kernel...

> You will actually find that most of the old-timers don't build LFS by
> the book, but use it like a hint or guide, those people are the ones
> that can help.

And indeed, (was it mark?) did, albeit after I left.

Im rather surprised Im not considered an old-timer in any case - Im
number 9 on the userlist for chrissake ;-)))
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org