LFS IRC.

Roy M. Ens royens2 at cox.net
Fri Oct 18 12:48:47 PDT 2002

 ** Ben  <benhoskings at hotmail.com> [2002-10-19 01:03: +1000]:

> I for one think Ian was totally in the right... I mean really, LFS is an
> interesting, open project that anyone can contribute to (I hope), and
> glibc 2.3.x will want to be included _sometime_ in the future. But Ian
> gets shot down for asking for help to try and get it running? Ridiculous
> if you ask me. And if someone's as blatantly unhelpful and rude as
> pinski or whoever it was, telling then to fsck off isn't exactly
> hideous. I wouldn't put it past most reasonable people to do the same.

I normally don't post much in any of the ML's but I've been using LFS
for almost a year now and read the ML's every day. I was going to try
IRC once when I needed help but I normally just spend an hour or two
watching any IRC before I get into the conversation to see what it's
like. I've been very impressed with the ML's and the thoughtful answers
that are given to the questions that are asked. Of course there's been a
few useless threads but that's to be expected. I was very disappointed
with the way IRC was. I've now just sat and watched it about five or six
times for an hour to two hours each time and haven't been impressed. I
don't think Ian was in the wrong for what he said in any way. He asked
for help and was blown off. So what if he doesn't follow the book to a
"t". It's meant to be a guide not commandments written in stone. I feel
like IRC is not in the same spirit as the rest of LFS including the
ML's. But then again maybe I've got the wrong conception.

--
---
Roy Ens
 royens2 at cox.net
 ens at cs.ttu.edu
 Roy.Ens at ttu.edu
***
    Why get up in the morning if you can't play on the computer?
---

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org