LFS IRC.

Kevan Shea biffcool at zombieworld.com
Sat Oct 19 11:34:37 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:48:47 -0500, "Roy M. Ens" <royens2 at cox.net> wrote:
>  ** Ben  <benhoskings at hotmail.com> [2002-10-19 01:03: +1000]:
>

> times for an hour to two hours each time and haven't been impressed. I
> don't think Ian was in the wrong for what he said in any way. He asked
> for help and was blown off. So what if he doesn't follow the book to a
> "t". It's meant to be a guide not commandments written in stone. I
> feel
> like IRC is not in the same spirit as the rest of LFS including the
> ML's. But then again maybe I've got the wrong conception.

I think it's great that on the IRC channel they "fbbg" and don't help people who deviate from the book, while at the same time getting pissed off when people like Ulrich Drepper blow off error reports from LFS users saying that they won't support LFS because it's not a distribution so who knows what they've installed (note: not verbatim in the slightest).

--
Kevan Shea

"When you're dry, copy anything, any sentence, and forge straight ahead."
     --Apollinaire