mac comps

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Oct 19 19:47:44 PDT 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:14:11 +0000 (UTC)
remy.bosch at hccnet.nl ("R. Bosch") wrote:

> > the machine from castle has a mobo that has some better features
> > than most PC mobos - 64 bit 66MHz PCI, for example.
>

> What!?!?!?! 8-O
>
> That's for servers! What the hell does castle need it for... I mean
> the costumers.... :-}

Theres an XScale with PCI-X around also. ARM has some quite advanced
busess at its disposal nowadays...

> Cool specs though... are you *sure* 64bit @ 66Mhz????

Actually, I wasnt quite right - its 32 bit but 66MHz.

Still, twice whats in most PCs...

> Man..... what to do with it.... gigabit line with 1024 nodes for
> rendering povray?
>
> geessshhh...... <impressed,supprised,flabergasted>

Heh. povray is one thing you DONT want to use ARMs for - they
(generally) dont have FPUs.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org