LFS IRC.

Allen Brooker allen at brooker.gb.net
Sun Oct 20 03:49:28 PDT 2002

Perhaps a reminder is needed that its basically impossible to gauge the
amount of knowledge someone has from their name (which is basically all the
info you have about a person when they start chatting on IRC).

My tactic is to help where I can, even if it means pointing people to the
mailing lists and google. If I'm not sure about someone's skill level, I'll
ask them. If I think what their trying to do may be too compelx for them,
I'll tell them.

My opinion is that #LFS is useful for both in-the-book stuff and not-in-the
book stuff. I often go there to ask if someone has tried somethnig not in
the book that I'm having trouble with. I usually get a good answer.

If you don't know the answer to or can't help with someone's question, my
opinion is that you should stay quiet or say you don't know, not just tell
them 'fbbg'.

Allen

news:20021017235156.6c0abd0e.spyro at f2s.com...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org