back...

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Mon Oct 21 18:37:42 PDT 2002

IM> Now I start sylpheed and find I hav 666 emails to download, and I
think
IM> to myself, 'Hmm. that really says it all...'

Yeah, I've found that a good priest can usually take care of the problem
:) I've noticed some odd random glitches on my new Athlon box as well.
Once XMMS said that I didn't have permissions to my sound card, and then
by clicking 'play' again it worked (?). Also I noticed that it failed to
compile the kernel once (just a random gcc failure). So, thinking that
my new system was plagued by some odd hardware problem, I ran xmms, two
compiles (each using make's -j2 switch), glxgears, and tuxracer
simultaneously while going about my regular business for ~20-25 minutes.
Not a single hiccup. I even ran the cpuburn program for about 10-15
minutes during that time. It is the random unexplained things that bug
me :)
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org