back...

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 08:11:27 PDT 2002

B> Get Prime95 and leave it running for 24 hours. If that works without
an
B> error or warning, it's pretty safe to say your system's fine : )

I downloaded it and read the docs. It said that sometimes two or more
threads are needed to detect an error. After 22 minutes (yes, a mere 22
minutes) I got the following:
FATAL ERROR: reading from temp file
What should I do? My Athlon mobo combo is only ~3 weeks old, so it is
still under warranty. Does this mean I need a replacement? I've got a
Soyo KT333 mobo, an Athlon 2200, 512MB Corsair CAS2 DDR 2700, and a
Dynatron hsf rated for a 2200. Any ideas guys? I've also got 3 case fans
(1 intake, 2 exhaust) in addition to the power supply's fan. I just
don't know what to do. Thanks!
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org