back...

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Oct 22 15:01:08 PDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:17:51 +0000 (UTC)
heartboy at nycap.rr.com (Joe Morris) wrote:

> IM> and what temperature does it run at, according to lmsensors?
> IM> --
> IM> message
>
> Ummm...This is very, very, VERY scary, too the point where I don't
> think it could be right. Running the sensors command reports temp1/MB
> to be 30C, temp3 is 42C, and temp/CPU as 69C under full load.

69 is too high. Athlons, in my experience, are prone to be rather flakey
above 60 degC.

I read where you say LM sensors read negative. either Jochen is right
about the diode/resistor thing, or one of the sensors is not connected /
floating.

you could always stick a good old fashioned temperature sensor in there
- a thermometer! :)

in any case, I'd try to look for ways to improve your airflow.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org