back...

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Oct 22 15:50:53 PDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:39:18 +0000 (UTC)
jschrod at uni-muenster.de (Jochen Schröder) wrote:

> BTW I don't think that temperatures over 60 C make the newer athlons
> unstable, mine is running at ~67C idle and more then 70C under load
> and I know several other people who have athlons getting to temps over
> 60C under heavy load. I remember reading someting of the critical
> temperature being around 95C

Thats correct, according to the specs.

in real life I have found that athlons just arent stable above 60 odd
degrees. some 70, but not many.

and at 95 degrees, you're looking at /seriously/ shortening the lifespan
of the chip, as degradation increases exponentially with temperature.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org