Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Oct 22 17:11:44 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:01:30 +0000 (UTC)
ruifmferreira at hotmail.com ("Rui Ferreira") wrote:

> > Hm. 3, I think.
> So you don't get out much :)

Not a lot.

> Places don't have fault on what people do to them and people come and
> go. So, both the irc channel and these mls aren't guilty, and if you
> can forgive people, then do so and don't react like you've been.
> Take it lightly. Give it another shot at the irc channel but, instead
> of going there for heavy matters, go there just for fun, watch what's
> goin'on and, if in doubt, stay quiet.

Sorry. I cant go back there. IRC is touch and go for me anyway, and I
just cant go back to LFS irc. sorry. perhaps someone else could, but I
cant.

> > I dont read good things in, I dont read bad things in. I read what
> > is there.

> Then, like I said before, if in doubt, stay quiet.

You dont understand - I am *always* in doubt. I cannot tell if people
are writing between the lines or not. Granted, even 'normal' (NT -
neurotypical) people cant do this 100% reliably, but I am close to 0%
reliable.

> See what others have to say.

Trouble is that I CANT. think of me as the communication version of
blind - or at least partially sighted.

NT People always write between the lines, even when they arent trying
to.

> By what you hear from others answers you'll know what was
> meant.

But I wont, will I? *YOU* might work it out. I *wont*.

> Here, I'm talking about Bill's answer "read bash man page", the
> kind of answer that, in a case like that was, I would love to hear.

To me, 'man bash' is as polite as 'fbbg', which I think we established I
didnt find very polite...

> Have you ever touch the forehead of someone with fever to get he's
> temperature?
> That's around 40ºC, right? So, it wasn't very different.
> And at 70ºC you don't hold it for very long...

humans are POOR at telling temperature by touch.

40 degC would be exceptionally cold for any athlon with standard
cooling, especially in a hot country.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org