e-mail service

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Tue Oct 22 22:31:33 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 20:37, Simon Roby wrote:
> Anybody know free e-mail service providers that are NOT WEB-BASED?
> I'm sick and tired of this web-based e-mail horror that seems to get
> more and more popular these days. I use Hotmail for the sole reason
> because Outlook Express can use it just like a non web-based system,
> but that's just an half-assed solution. Damnit, last year I used my
> college's e-mail service, but now the clowns who manage this
> apparently decided that web-based e-mail was better, so it's back to
> Hotmail for me. ARGH!!!
>
>    - Simon

Try gmx.net. It handles all my mail (10 mailing lists, my regular mail
and my school mail). A fine example of "deutsche grundlichheit". They
use qmail btw. You get 10MB pop space, plus a web interface and they
don't send spam.
One negative point though; you have to know some german in order to sign
up because they dropped the english website!

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org