Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 03:51:49 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:37:41 +0000 (UTC)
ruifmferreira at hotmail.com ("Rui Ferreira") wrote:

> To be totally honest with you, in the above construction, what I
> really meant was that if you can't see the difference, how can you
> understand why is Linux a better OS than Windows?

For one thing, it crashes less.

> Someone sometime might have said to you that Windows and Linux are
> like night from day!

but now you have given me context and a reason to use knowledge I have
learnt.

> Now, be totally honest with me and give me two answers: The one you
> were about to give before this last paragraph and another one for
> after my explanation.

In this case, the answer is different (I replied to the first paragraph
before readign this one, too, so you know im not fibbing...) because I
have come across the phrase before (And you gave me a context this
time).

However, unlike NT people, who would have understood this *without*
previously having come across the phrase, I cannot figure these things
out.

Now, I've been alive for 24 years, and I have now run across many of
these 'not-saying-what-you-mean-exactly' phrases before, but new ones
STILL throw me.

> BTW: How's the house surviving the cat? :)

so far, its ok :)

I called her Unix by the way :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org