Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 03:57:07 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:39:25 +0000 (UTC)
da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk (John Nielsen) wrote:

> I am slightly autistic myself (Aspergers Syndrome)

I have Aspergers too. I find saying autism, whilst not 100% accurate, is
more meaningful (saying aspergers elicits blank stares which are very
uncomfortable)

> so i can tell you
> that you are completely off track. Black and white things are easy to
> understand.

LMAO. I think you saw his post even more black and white than I did. he
didnt mean his 'black and white' example literally, I think. I think it
is an example of phrases NTs use to represent what they mean. (theres a
word for it that I forgot.)

> That is what people like me and Ian molton is
> faced with every time we read something with emotion or everytime
> someone talks to us in a casual way..

And one of the reasons we get so upset when something bad happens on the
'net - you see, the net is our 'safe haven'. It levels the playing field
by removing most of normal peoples sideband information, like stance,
facial expression, etc.

> I see things as they are. I take everything litteral. It is allmost
> impossible for me to pick up on facial expressions if they are not
> very clear.

Funny story - walking through town, expecting to meet my parents who I
knew were walking toward me in uncrowded conditions.

If they didnt stop me I would have walked straight past them, without
recognising them.

> No wonder that autistic people doesnt get out much, and no
> wonder that silicon valley is littered with autistic people :-)

:)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org