Fwd: (no subject)

John Nielsen da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk
Wed Oct 23 04:41:21 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:57 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:39:25 +0000 (UTC)
>
> da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk (John Nielsen) wrote:
> > I am slightly autistic myself (Aspergers Syndrome)
>
> I have Aspergers too. I find saying autism, whilst not 100% accurate, is
> more meaningful (saying aspergers elicits blank stares which are very
> uncomfortable)

I normally dont say anything. As soon as i do, people tend to put me in a
booth and they often treat me differently. And when that happens, it is all
of the sudden a handicap. You cant tell by looking at me that im autistic, so
theres no need for anybody to know.

> > so i can tell you
> > that you are completely off track. Black and white things are easy to
> > understand.
>
> LMAO. I think you saw his post even more black and white than I did. he
> didnt mean his 'black and white' example literally, I think. I think it
> is an example of phrases NTs use to represent what they mean. (theres a
> word for it that I forgot.)

I rest my case :-)

> > That is what people like me and Ian molton is
> > faced with every time we read something with emotion or everytime
> > someone talks to us in a casual way..
>
> And one of the reasons we get so upset when something bad happens on the
> 'net - you see, the net is our 'safe haven'. It levels the playing field
> by removing most of normal peoples sideband information, like stance,
> facial expression, etc.

For me at least the net is by far the best place to meet new people. In real
life you are first judged by your posture and looks, and then by your body
language. It is only later that you get deeper into a persons personality and
if the first impression was not good, you will never get there. On the net
yor first impression usually consists of the inner thoughts and feelings of
the other person.

This is how i met my girlfriend. On the net that is. If i had met her in real
life, i would not have had a snowballs chance in hell with her because she is
the popular type. On the net we talked for allmost a year before we finally
met and we fell in love because she knew my insides. It just sucks that she
lives 1300 km. away. She lives in Paris, France and i live in Denmark.

Its her fault that i have even half a decent social life.

John Nielsen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org