Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 05:13:47 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:39:47 +0000 (UTC)
da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk (John Nielsen) wrote:

> > I have Aspergers too. I find saying autism, whilst not 100%
> > accurate, is more meaningful (saying aspergers elicits blank stares
> > which are very uncomfortable)
>
> I normally dont say anything. As soon as i do, people tend to put me
> in a booth and they often treat me differently.

I found that too, but only in a good way, 99% of the time. I find it
preferable to saying nothing all the time...

> And when that happens,
> it is all of the sudden a handicap. You cant tell by looking at me
> that im autistic, so theres no need for anybody to know.

You also have a rather social sounding girlfriend, which probably gets
you out of some sticky situations...

My partner is an aspie too. so we rely on our 7yo extreme-socialite
daughter :-) (joke, before anyone calls social services on us!)

> > LMAO. I think you saw his post even more black and white than I did.
> > he didnt mean his 'black and white' example literally, I think. I
> > think it is an example of phrases NTs use to represent what they
> > mean. (theres a word for it that I forgot.)
>
> I rest my case :-)

;-)

> This is how i met my girlfriend. On the net that is. If i had met her
> in real life, i would not have had a snowballs chance in hell with her
> because she is the popular type. On the net we talked for allmost a
> year before we finally met and we fell in love because she knew my
> insides. It just sucks that she lives 1300 km. away. She lives in
> Paris, France and i live in Denmark.

heh. Im in England and my partner is from Canada :)

> Its her fault that i have even half a decent social life.

;-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org