back...

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 14:14:37 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:21:35 +0000 (UTC)
jschrod at uni-muenster.de (Jochen Schröder) wrote:

>      The Athlon XP has no any catastrophic overheating protection.

Thats not the same as a temperature sensor. thats stuff that USES the
sensor to throttle back the CPU.

> Why
> didn't AMD provide such protection as it isn't beyond their power? The

Penny pinching.

> Besides, the Athlon XP has quite a useless thermal diode because the
> most of latest Socket A mainboards do not support it,

Read: most do not use it to throttle back the CPU. I havent seen one yet
that didnt use it to read back the temperature...

lazy b*****ds :-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org