Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 14:19:51 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:55:28 +0000 (UTC)
ruifmferreira at hotmail.com ("Rui Ferreira") wrote:

> > > BTW: How's the house surviving the cat? :)
> >
> > so far, its ok :)
> >
> What's ok, the house or the cat?
> And tell me, how can a house survive the cat? or how can a house _not_
> survive a cat?
> I made a stupid question on purpose and you shouldn't have been able
> to get it.
> How come?
> You _can_ read between the lines after all.

No, thats not it at all.

Your question can be answered quite simply, because the cat has not
destroyed the house. therefore the house has survived.

In the UK, it is common to ask if something is 'surviving' the
<cat/baby/grandmother/baby sister/dog>

> > I called her Unix by the way :)
>
> And you can also write between the lines, and give names with second
> meanings. A name is just a name yet you've given a name that reminds
> you and others that you like Unix.

What does that have to do with anything. Your question about my cat
simply reminded me I had not told anyone about the cat. I dont think you
wrote between the lines that you wanted to know the cats name (or did
you? I dunno).

And as for picking a name I like - It *did* take me three weeks to come
up with ONE name I liked... besides, who said I couldnt name things?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org