Fwd: (no subject)

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Wed Oct 23 16:40:32 PDT 2002

Rui Ferreira wrote:
> [...]
I have been following this threat for quite a while and it has been
quite informational, I didn't know what asperges was before.
Well now it's time for my 2 cents worth to this.
Rui, I understand your intentions, Ian is sometimes quite direct and
people might consider this rude, I think this is what you were trying to
say? I can just speak for myself, but I like it a lot more if people are
direct then if they are overly polite, they never get to the point
because they might offend somebody. If somebody is talking(or in this
case writing) you should be allowed to call it rubbish, if the person
takes that personal, then it is his problem not the problem of the
person who is calling it rubbish. I get told I'm rude from time to time,
because I call other peoples arguments rubbish in a discussion, well but
they are (at least I think so ;-) ).
As for the thing on IRC I think I would've reacted the same way Ian had,
and there was not much to be read between the lines, this other person
was just being a dickhead.
Enough now
Jochen

--