Fwd: (no subject)

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 23 20:20:09 PDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:32:18 +0000 (UTC)
ruifmferreira at hotmail.com ("Rui Ferreira") wrote:

> I keep my voice calm, express no feelings, read none from the
> opponent, don't move, answer fast and short, don't elaborate, don't
> attack but don't retreat either. Just being a wall, and remain like
> that until the opponent leaves.

And all the time you are constantly assesing all the nonverbal
information this other person is emitting.

Its obvious to me that you dont even realise you are doing it, which is,
of course, because you arent autistic.

Now I *can* do that stuff, but it takes MASSIVE *exhausting* amounts of
effort, and is slower, of course, because (and this is observed on brain
scans), autistic people use the 'wrong' part of their brain to do these
things.

I use the logic and math part of my brain for this. It simply cant cope.
It wasnt designed for abstract reasoning of that type.

YOU use a part of the brain that is thousands of years old, that is
simply 'switched off' in autistic people. Its like having a 'subliminal
cue' co-processor.

Where you are doing this all on your co-processor, Im hitting the
undefined instruction trap and emulating everything.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org