lfs-4.0 Makefile - devpts

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Thu Oct 24 18:00:14 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 13:02, Ken Dyke wrote:
> I am finally getting back to the system I created with the 4.0-Makefile.
>
> I see that it uses devpts.
OK, my bad.  I saw the 'dev/pts' directory created ...
Still don't understand why I would want to use it.

I thought the devpts might have something to do with something else I am
seeing.

rootfs               1004M  756M  196M  80% /
/dev/root            1004M  756M  196M  80% /
/dev/hda3             930M  704M  179M  80% /lfs30pre
/dev/hda2             930M  555M  328M  63% /lfs33

As can be seen here I am missing 52M of my root partition.
Looking through the archives it seems this has to do with the mtab symlink.
I have read the mtab hint as well as a number of threads.
I hate to admit it but I am still confused as to WTF is going on. :-(
So that this does not become another thread where many feel that we are
beating a dead horse feel free to clue me up off list.
Thank you.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,