lfs-4.0 Makefile - mtab and lost disk space

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Thu Oct 24 19:27:11 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 20:01, Marc Brekoo wrote:
> As you can see, I even miss ~150M on my root partition. This could have
> several reasons:
> 1) Inodes, superblocks and other fs-accounting data take up some space.
> 2) A journalled fs is used: the journal takes up space too!
> 3) The fs is somewhat fragmented
>
> Perhaps this helps....

1) not unless they have changed the way they do accounting
   (I took a year long sabbatical and am just now starting to come back
    up to speed on things.)
2) it is ext2fs
3) I just built this in a minty, spring fresh partition

I also do not understand why it is being reported as /dev/root instead
of /dev/hda4 like it should be(?).  I don't remember which thread it was
in now but I seem to remember a comment about the kernel hackers having
something to do with this.  If that is true, what are they trying to
do/solve so that I can google on it?

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,