More scripting questions

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Fri Oct 25 13:57:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:05:41 -0400  Mister Eric just wrote the
following:

> -I would like to clean up the excution of my scripts.  Is there a
> command or util that will cause the suppress the compile output, so it
> will not display on the screen?  Want to suppress JUST the compile
> output, not the feedback from the script, it is stepped for debugging
> and just so you know what the heck is going on.

I use a construction like this:

{
command 1 &&
command 2 &&
command 3 &&
command 4
} &> somelogfile.log || tail somelogfile.log

If something goes wrong you get the last 10 line (I think) so you can
see what went wrong.

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org