kernel config howto

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Sat Oct 26 13:34:23 PDT 2002

Hi,

There is a thread in lfs-support where a newbie used the default
settings and the result failed to boot (surprise :-O).  Every kernel
config howto I have read always goes something like:

blah
make menuconfig
because of lack space needed to walk through this, you are on your own
make dep
[...]

To my way of thinking, the time to figure out what config options are
needed is before 'make menuconfig'.  A start would be a hardware
checklist, support of foo options, [other examples here].  The result
would be an easy to read file that serves as a companion for walking
through the menuconfig process.

Is there such a HOWTO?

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m