kernel config howto

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 26 14:42:48 PDT 2002

Ken Dyke wrote:

>To my way of thinking, the time to figure out what config options are
>needed is before 'make menuconfig'.  A start would be a hardware
>checklist, support of foo options, [other examples here].  The result
>would be an easy to read file that serves as a companion for walking
>through the menuconfig process.
>
>Is there such a HOWTO?

I don't think there is a howto but mostly the documentation that comes
with the kernel is enough to get a basic working kernel. In cases where
the documentation is lacking, the default is usually ok. This is LFS,
one has to read the documentation, not just blindly copy and paste or
press enter.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377