O3?

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 11:18:25 PST 2002

On Sunday 27 October 2002 01:50 pm, you wrote:
> I'd like to know of any success stories of people who run an LFS
> system with (almost) everything compiled with the gcc "-O3"
> optimization flag. And please tell me which packages you have not
> installed with -O3, if there are any (most likely glibc and gcc, I
> guess). Thanks.
>
>      - Simon

Everything was compiled with "-O3 -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse
-mfpmath=sse -m3dnow -s -z combreloc" except glibc, binutils, and gcc,
both of which were compiled with -march=athlon-xp only (I also applied
the patch to gcc to make the default architecture athlon-xp). In
addition, I compiled kdemultimedia without -O3 simply because it
wouldn't compile with it, but that was a very rare case.
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org