O3?

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 12:48:21 PST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:18:25 -0500
Joe Morris <heartboy at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Everything was compiled with "-O3 -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse
> -mfpmath=sse -m3dnow -s -z combreloc" except glibc, binutils, and gcc,
> Joe

You can reduce that down to:

"-O3 -march=athlon-xp -msse -mfpmath=sse -m3dnow -z combreloc"

The -mmmx option is redundant since -msse includes -mmmx and the -s
option is ignored.

Has your system been stable after building with those opts?  I am
rebuilding a 4.0 system now and want to try a more optimized based
system.

Jim Drabb

James Drabb, JR
Programmer Analyst