[Re: Spreading my own linux distro]

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Sun Oct 27 19:28:30 PST 2002

> I'm considering writing my own linux distro that will be used for a program
> I'm working on ( see
> http://www.sensenet.nu/projects/index.php?project=Digital+Video+Player )
and

This brings up another question I have been meaning to post.  Is there a
binary only version of LFS, of another distro that is similar?  I am familiar
with Gentoo (which compiles, not binary) and some others, but are there any
that are as clean (no or very little directory structure altering or extra
garbage) like LFS?

I have the LFS CD (damn, its good!), and I have read the how to on burning a
finished LFS system to CD, but what about a binary LFS that can be installed
to a physical disk like a distro?  Is this alfs? Is it done?  Does it work?

TIA

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org