Fwd: Vsound is no more (the DMCA strikes again)

Conrad Newton conrad.newton at broadpark.no
Mon Oct 28 10:06:07 PST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd at zip.com.au> -----

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd at zip.com.au>
To: <drpritch at cs.ubc.ca>, <lance at augustmail.com>,
	<bjackson at ipro.net>, mcompengr at earthlink.net,
	<ux7j at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>, <bhepple at freeshell.org>,
	<dudek at abatonix.dyn.dhs.org>
Cc: <E.H.Beekman at amc.uva.nl>, <ewisotsky at surfnetusa.com>,
	<mail at kaiwurm.de>, <serge at tux.org>, <conrad.newton at broadpark.no>,
	<prestonc at crawfordsolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:09:49 +1100
Subject: Vsound is no more

Hi all,

It is with regret that I have to inform you that I will not longer be
maintaining Vsound.

>From the web page ( http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/vsound/ )

    October 27th, 2002

    Although I have maintained vsound for nearly three years, I can no
    longer do so, nor can I continue to make it available from this web
    site.

    I live in Australia which has a law (Digital Agenda Bill 2000) which
    is similar to the DCMA in the US in that it makes the distribution
    of a devices for circumventing copyright protection illegal. I have
    neither the time, money or inclination to make myself a possible
    target for such legal action by companies with endless legal and
    financial resources.

    However, vsound is probaly available from other web sites. If you
    want a copy, you should search the web. Do not email me as I cannot
    and will not provide you with a copy.

I will however continue working on other Linux audio software such as
libsndfile and Secret Rabbit Code.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
The Earth is around 70% water. Fish rule the seas.
Humans are over 90% water. It's only a matter of time.

----- End forwarded message -----
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org