Gcc-3.2 patch

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 05:58:32 PST 2002

>From: Björn Lindberg <d95-bli at nada.kth.se>
>To: lfs-chat at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: Gcc-3.2 patch
>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:17:02 +0100
>
>What is the patch to gcc-3.2 for, in LFS 4.0?
>
>And why doesn't it say what it's for in the book? I'd guess that most
>LFS builders wants to know as much as possible about their system, and
>therefore also would like to know what patches that are applied are for.

It's for your system to break down from time to time without any logical
explanation, so you'll have to re-check the LFS site for a new version of
the book and built it again.

                 \
No, just kidding :)
                 /

The book says:
patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-3.2.patch: This patch fixes a few bugs. In particular
it contains the "copy fix" and "var fix" documented at
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~gschafer/lfs-tweaks.html.

patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-3.2-nofixincludes-2.patch: This prevents the
fixincludes script from running.

If you check the archives, you'll see where did these came from.
It has also been discussed recently if a better or more complex explanation
should or shouln't be made in the book.

I'll not answer to your question directly 'cause my memory is only 48k and I
need it to know where home is...