/home partition size

Ralph Smith ralphsmith at tss.net
Tue Oct 29 17:43:57 PST 2002

>From FHS:
"On some i386 machines, it may be necessary for /boot to be located on a
separate partition located completely below cylinder 1024 of the boot device
due to hardwar constraints.
Certain MIPS system require a /boot paertition that is mounted MS-DOS
filesystem or whatever other filessystem type is accessible for the firmware.
This may result in restrictions with respect to usable filenames within /boot
(only for affected systems.)

Ref: http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.5.html

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org