I think I blew up an AMD Athlon.....

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Dec 5 07:50:36 PST 2003

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 03:17:24 -0800
Eric <Eric at Don'tEmailMe.eml> wrote:

> My Friend Misaligned a HS/FAN on a AMD Duron 750 Mhz system which
> lasted for about 3-4 minutes b4 turning into a nice paperwight, the
> funning thing was that he was installing windows at the time, lol.

You mean he put it on back to front, IOW, as thats the only way to
misalign it and still have it physically clip over the CPU.

bad luck, I guess - will teach him to look before assembling ;-) (and
yes, we've all done it, like not remove the little plastic sheet that so
many HSFs have stuck to the bottom, etc.)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with
ketchup.