Should LFS Search include the monthly archives

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 10:20:22 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:06:23PM +0000, Daniel Brewer wrote:

> Actually, I find the current search method a lot more frustrating than
> the old one (from a while back prob. 6 months).  It seems to only index
> the mail message titles rather than the actually text of the lists
> which relies on the subject title being good, which is by no means
> always the case.  Is there anyway to search the mail lists including
> the text of the messages?  IS anyone else facing these problems??

It searches message bodies, as well. But I agree, I liked the old way
better. You could choose which list to search. Also, you cannot easily
modify your query because the search page doesn't give the same search
form. It just gives a cgi form. Hitting the back button doesn't work
either because the words "Enter Text Here" replace your search query.
Very annoying.

--
Archaic

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very thing
that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.

- Frederick Bastiat