Good CD ripper to Ogg

Jason Kircher cdrradar at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 19 04:51:31 PST 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 06:34, Daniel Brewer wrote:
> Hi there. Just wondered what people use to rip CDs to the ogg format.
> Basically I want something that grabs all the necessary tags from
> freedb and puts it in directories by name etc..
> Grip looks perfect for features and everything but it requires GNOME
> which I would prefer not to install.
>
> I have GTK installed but I do not want all the baggage of gnome.  So I
> am not excluding X stuff.

If you prefer no X at all, there are 2 ripping packages - cdparanoia and
cdda2wav.  Both produce .wav files.  Once you ripped the .wav files, the
vorbis tools can produce .ogg files.

cdparanoia and vorbis tools are listed in Beyond LFS.  This should get you
started.

--
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address