Good CD ripper to Ogg

Daniel Brewer d.brewer at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 19 06:29:22 PST 2003

On Friday, December 19, 2003, at 01:50  pm, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:51:31 -0500
> Jason Kircher <cdrradar at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>

>> If you prefer no X at all, there are 2 ripping packages - cdparanoia
>> and
>> cdda2wav.  Both produce .wav files.  Once you ripped the .wav files,
>> the
>> vorbis tools can produce .ogg files
>
> is there >1 vorbis encoder?
>
> if so, which is best?

I think there is only one ogg encoder which comes with vorbistools.  I
know you can do do it by hand with cdparanoia etc..  What I was more
looking for was a script/program that takes a CD, rips it using
cdparanoia, downloads the tags from freedb then encodes the ogg with
the right tags, filename etc.

Cheers

--
Dan Brewer