ALSA

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Fri Dec 19 19:23:21 PST 2003

Hi.

anyone here know how to get ALSA to behave?

aplay is one of those dumbfuck applications that requires god-knows-how-many parameters to select the device you want, when you could have simply passed it the /dev enty and been done with it all.

specifically, I'd like to know how to enable *optical* SPDIF on an nforce2 system with ALC650 codec, but I'd settle for some general usage help. aplays man page is *pathetic*.

thanks ;-)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.