help-needed-in-solving-compilation-error

pradeepacharya at tataelxsi.co.in pradeepacharya at tataelxsi.co.in
Sat May 7 05:21:58 PDT 2005

Hi
Can any one help me out please in resolving this problem.

Iam using LFS 5.0 version book and trying to compile Glibc-2.3.2

when i ran the command
../glibc-2.3.2/configure --prefix=/tools\
> --disable-profile --enable-add-on\
> --with-headers=/tools/include\
> --with-binutils=/tools/bin\
> --without-gd

as per the instructions given in LFS 5.0 ,I encountered the following error

configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

When I checked config.log file, the sizeof_long_double='' variable was empty with no value. The following are the details of host machine i use

Machine:Pentium IV
Linux: Fedora (2.6.5-1.358)

regards